Safe, Competent Driving Starts Here!
Because I am in such close proximity with my clients, I am currently serving fully vaccinated clients only. Please bring your proof of vaccination to the 1st lesson.
Before you read further there are a few things you should know: I do not teach the ODOT Teen Driver Program that is through the schools. I can provide a receipt that may give you an insurance benefit for a package of lessons. Ask your insurance agent!
Nor do I give any test for your driver’s license including the DMV behind the wheel test.
I give private driving lessons.
My clients include a wide variety of drivers. Here are some of my most common types of clients.
- Teens who have their permit and are just learning to drive.
- I like to get these clients as soon as they pass the written test. I can start them out with the basics done the correct way before they develop bad habits.
- Older clients who for a variety of reasons never got their license.
- I have many of these clients who, for a variety of reasons, never got their license. Circumstances have changed and now they want a license.
- U of O students who want a license.
- I teach a lot of graduate and undergraduate student from the U of O who didn’t need a license when they arrived in Eugene but now are ready. Eugene represents a great place for students from big cities to learn to drive in a lower pressure situation. I ‘m a U of O alumni and I live near the University.
- International Drivers
- I regularly teach drivers from other countries who are new to the area and want to get a license.
- Drivers who have a fear of driving
- I have worked with many clients who have had bad experiences driving themselves or as a passenger. I can give these drivers concrete skills to overcome their fears and master the practice of defensive driving.
- Drivers who are ready for the behind the wheel exam
- I get many clients who are ready for their behind the wheel exam and just want some practice and feedback from a professional who is familiar with the skills needed to pass the test.
Do you have or know a teen or adult driver just beginning his or her driving experience? Do you need a flexible program that works with your teen’s busy schedule?
Face Masks are Optional
I am fully vaccinated. I am happy to wear a mask if you prefer. Masks are optional for all clients.
Jim Crabbe is the owner and instructor with a Master’s Degree in teaching (MAT) and experience teaching teens through the ODOT sponsored driver education program.
The first part of the first lesson is in a parking lot. The client will meet me at a parking lot we agree on. After that I we can start/end the lesson at the clients residence. We will drive in my 2014 Toyota Corolla (larger body style and great safety record) for one hour of driving instruction. The hour consists of 5-10 minutes of safe practices and traffic law followed by behind the-wheel practice. Have a friend that wants driving lessons? Do the lessons together!
$75 – 1 one-hour driving lesson
$220 – 3 one-hour driving lessons
$425 – 6 one-hour driving lessons
$650 – 10 one-hour driving lessons
$115 – 1.5 hour lesson focusing on passing the driving test.
If you want to try a lesson before committing to a package of lessons, I charge $75 for the first drive and will pro-rate the amount of the package you select.
Get In Touch
Behind the Wheel Driving Instruction Eugene, Oregon
If you have an issue that can’t be resolved with Jim at Behind the Wheel Driving Instruction LLC, please contact Kollette Mack with DMV Driver Programs at 503-945-6049